Natural wood kitchen worktops from Silk Kitchens
Finish your all-wood kitchen to perfection with a beautiful, durable, sustainable natural wood worktop. As experienced carpenters and joiners ourselves, the Silk Kitchens team adore the look, feel and warmth of a wooden worktop, and we can assure you they are just as long-lasting, washable, and hygienic as granite or laminates.
Natural wooden worktops
Our range of solid wood worktops are available in a wide range of natural woods, offering a range of looks and styles to complement your kitchen cabinets, from black oak to the lightest ash. These wooden surfaces have been made from wood from sustainable sources, for an ethical and eco-friendly worktop that looks amazing.
Our range of traditional woods include:
- Oak – the traditional, hard-wearing favourite
- European walnut – a wavy grain with natural colour variations
- Beech – durable, light, and with a distinctive grain pattern
- Ash – light, highly grained, long-lasting
- Cherry – for a gorgeous caramel worksurface
- Maple – almost unbeatable; light, bright and really, really tough
We also supply worktops in a variety of exotic woods, which are also responsibly sourced:
- Bamboo – the ultimate sustainable worktop that’s remarkably tough too
- Black Oak – dark, rich and dramatic
- Black American walnut – chocolate tones with an amazing grain pattern
- Wenge – deep, dark, exquisite
- Iroko – exotic, unusual and with naturally hygienic qualities
- Rubberwood – dense, tough sustainable alternative to maple
- Sapele – a lovely rosy-red wood that’s very hard-wearing
- Zebrano – naturally stripy and very striking!
Standard stave, deluxe stave and full width stave kitchen worktops
Our standard all-wood kitchen worktops are manufactured using 40mm staves (sections) that are jointed and bonded under high pressure for a smooth, long-lasting yet remarkably affordable work surface.
Our deluxe stave wooden worktops are made from 90mm sections that show off the natural beauty of the wood just that little bit more. With less visible lines per width, they are also suitable for longer counter runs and larger kitchens.
Our full width stave wooden work surfaces are made from 90mm staves that run the entire length of your worktop, for a stunning effect with no breaks to the natural wood grain.
Bespoke wood kitchen work surfaces
- Want a Belfast sink sunk into your all-wood work surface? No problem.
- Need to place a halogen hob in the middle of your worksurface, with steel rods to pop your pans on? Just ask.
Our wooden work surfaces can be cut to create almost any shape you require, from elegant curves to precision cut lines, and a choice of edge profiles. Call us to discuss your requirements.
Granite and synthetic stone kitchen work surfaces
If you’d prefer a granite or synthetic stone work surface no problem. Just call us to discuss your worktop needs.
Laminate work surfaces
Choose from an extensive range of laminate worktops to suit all budgets. Call us for details on 01962 771815.